« August 2006 | Main | October 2006 »

September 30, 2006

A big shout out to Australia's newest citizen.

Welcom to the dualie club girl.

Posted by gadgetgirl at 09:41 AM

September 29, 2006

if I yawn today

Why the hell were they collecting the rubbish in my neighbourhood at 4:30 this morning?
4 friggin' 30!?!?!?
And not just the normal rubbish, the recyclable stuff, so lots of tubs of glass.
jeez.

Posted by gadgetgirl at 07:56 AM

September 26, 2006

one for the girls

As you probably know October is breast cancer awareness month and the other night when we were at Wagamama at King Street Wharf I noticed they are having a girl's night in thingo on the 17th of October to raise money for breast cancer research.

It's $25 a head and you get dinner and a drink (or two) 'treats' from MAC cosmetics and neck rubs from 3 minute angels. PLUS you get a voucher for your next visit to Wagamama.

I'm really wanting to go and looking to anyone who is interested. It should be a good night out for a good cause (and pretty cheap really).

anyone interested?

Posted by gadgetgirl at 09:21 PM

With summer on its way in Sydney, a timely reminder for everyone.
There are two words that should never go together:
'formal shorts'
no, really.

Posted by gadgetgirl at 08:28 PM

September 25, 2006

At risk of sounding like a complete dag, this post is about Australian Idol.
I know, I know. Idol is basically made for 12 year old girls who think Jessica Simpson is smart and funny.

But this year's Australian Idol is surprisingly different.

Exhibit 1: Lisa (and remember she's only 16)
Exhibit 2: Bobby (but we wont talk about this week's preformance..)
(maybe in the future we'll talk about Dean, Jessica or Damien)

It is going to a tough year.

Posted by gadgetgirl at 03:03 PM

September 22, 2006

geekin' yet again

Guess what I'm doing tonight?

And why didn't we think of this?

-gg

(ok, ok, ok, while we are on the topic of the Animaniacs, Wikiquote has a great Pinky and the Brain entry. Be sure to scroll down to the "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" section. My favourite answer is still, "I think so, Brain, but if they called them 'Sad Meals', kids wouldn't buy them!" . Oh man, I see a Pinky and the Brain DVD in my future...)

Posted by gadgetgirl at 06:48 PM

September 19, 2006

arrrrrrggghhh

It's here, it's here, it's finally here!!!

Happy International Talk Like A Pirate Day me 'arties. I get an excuse to wear a hat with a feather and talk all crazy. whoo-hoo! Or should I say ARRRR!.

There is an awesome FlickRRRR set with lots of piratetude and in case you don't know how to talk like a pirate, here's the basics.

Oh, and I've found lots and lots of gRRReat pirate knitting patterns out there for land lubbers who choose needles over swords.

-Captain gg

Posted by gadgetgirl at 06:33 AM

September 17, 2006

Boy From Oz

boyfromoz, originally uploaded by gadgetgirl.

A view from the nosebleed seats.

Kris, Jacqui and I saw a Boy From Oz last night. It was amazing and over the top. Hugh Jackman was unreal. Where he gets all that energy is just beyond me. Singing, dancing, cracking jokes,

I'm going to be singing Rio for days!

Posted by gadgetgirl at 07:40 AM

September 16, 2006

Index of Famous People's Cats.
God I love the internet sometimes.

Posted by gadgetgirl at 08:15 AM

September 13, 2006

fun with art

go forth and create!

Posted by gadgetgirl at 09:43 AM

September 11, 2006

putting on my cranky pants.

Seeing as I have only limited time to blog each day and I really don't want to spend it deleting spam from my comment list, I've set it up so that all comments have to be approved by me.
Sorry about that, but what can I do?

On a completely different topic, my bro turned me on to a Flickr set about a protest in front of Marshall Field's.

See, Field's is a department store in Chicago, but saying that doesn't do it justice. It is a Chicago institution. The Christmas windows are so popular they have to put up stations to keep the crowds in line. The clock on the side of the building was made famous by Norman Rockwell.
But now they are turning Field's into a Macy's
A fuckin MACY'S.
that's just nuts.
Macy's is a New York department store, it has no soul, no roots in Chicago, it's just, well, generic....I can't believe the next time we home there will be no Field's.

I like this sentiment. Very well said.

And don't even get me started on how people don't care about the well being of indigenous wildlife. This post could go on all night.

I'm going to have a beer and get some sleep.

-gg

Ok, I know that spam and department stores are so superfolous compared to the gravity of this date in history.

Today has been hard.

For me and a for a lot of people.

We will never forget those lost or be able to thank those who supported us in out time of need.

I am actually surprised at how close to the surface my emotions are today. Maybe that's why I am so cranky.

But I have hope, for the families left behind and all those affected.

Now go out and tell someone that you love 'em....

Posted by gadgetgirl at 09:49 PM

September 10, 2006

ok people, here ya go.
how to hang art without screwing it up.
But that said, there are always reasons to break the rules.

Posted by gadgetgirl at 08:22 PM

geekin' hard!

F6 l c+/cp/film f g+ sc+ m+s(e)

Posted by gadgetgirl at 05:46 PM

Jeez, it's been a hell of a week in Australia. We've fare welled an author, a warrior and now a sportsperson.

If you feel the need for a feel-good distraction wander on over to Lun Lun's panda cam and see if you you can sneak a peek at the new baby. You'll find it strangely addictive.

Posted by gadgetgirl at 09:12 AM

September 09, 2006

Join in the Chant

Most people wont get this post (tankoby might) but tonight the hubby and I are going to see Nitzer Ebb. We're gonna party like it's 1984.

It's almost as bad as when we went to the 20th anniversary show for KMFDM. Almost, but not quite.

Posted by gadgetgirl at 10:52 AM

September 07, 2006

10-12-15

So what, do ya think it?
Maybe 9-10 months before before a table becomes available at
15 Melbourne? (but I'd still go...ain't that sad?)

Posted by gadgetgirl at 10:01 PM

September 05, 2006

It must be spring

I was SWOOPED today.

F*ckin' magpies.

He actually chased me when I was walking from my car to work. He came after me like 3 or 4 times. I started to run back to my car and this woman came to my rescue. She had a large towel and we ended up draping it over our heads and running for our lives (ok, I exaggerate a little bit). But it was really scary.

I'm ok, no marks or scrapes. Good thing my hair was kinda fluffy today, I think the bird aimed too high.

From now on I'm going to carry an umbrella.

Or a BB gun....no, I'm kidding.

Posted by gadgetgirl at 08:52 PM