September 04, 2010
-gg (who needs to hit the books, stat)
August 18, 2010
Three Things (the 'I really should be editing' edition)
-gg (ok, back to the books little missy)
May 18, 2010
Three Things (thanks BB)
1. How cool are these tattoo dolls? So clever.
2. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (the free online novel won the Andre Norton Award for Young Adult Science Fiction)
3. They are making a sequel to The Dark Crystal. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
-gg (celebrates the irony)
Posted by gadgetgirl at 09:34 PM
April 24, 2010
Three Things (Get out!)
Upcoming fun things in Sydneytown
-gg (who wont have time for any of these things because of all the Uni work...but can live vicariously through others)
Posted by gadgetgirl at 11:11 AM
March 15, 2010
gifty ideas for every budget
-gg (you can thank me later)
Posted by gadgetgirl at 08:43 PM
February 04, 2010
Three things (me want)
-gg (who is helping with Valentines Day shopping)
Posted by gadgetgirl at 06:47 PM
October 11, 2009
Best of the Web
1. Rainbow cake- yes, I know people have make rainbow cakes before...but this one is utterly amazing
2. Things you can/can't freeze- I didn't know you could freeze nuts or fresh whipped cream. Interesting
3. The most incredible thing I have ever seen ever ever. If anyone is thinking of getting me something for Christmas (or just for Thursday) this is the thing....an actual working WAND! For real real (not for play play) I think I popped a vein when I read about this one.
Posted by gadgetgirl at 09:39 PM
August 03, 2009
Three things (yet again)
1. Upcycle a T-shirt into cardigan, sweet!
2. I just want to touch this house and maybe spoon it..just a little..is that so wrong?
3. A very timely article considering I'm working on my guest room at the moment
Posted by gadgetgirl at 10:08 PM
May 02, 2009
Three things (the sickie edition)
So I'm just getting over the flu (lucky for me not the bacon style) and while stuck on the sofa I came across some interesting links.
Posted by gadgetgirl at 07:52 PM
April 04, 2009
Three things (plus one)
Four reasons why I love Swiss Miss!
4. Road rage signs. Brilliant!
Posted by gadgetgirl at 09:26 PM
March 09, 2009
Three Things Go Crafty (plus one)
1. How to hang pictures. REALLY good guidelines...but then again...guidelines are fun to break
2. Button necklaces by Susan Beal!
3. I didn't know that you could make cold porcelain at home. cool
4. I still like the moss graffiti, and it uses BEER! sweet
Posted by gadgetgirl at 10:19 PM
February 13, 2009
Three Things (random)
1. Swimming with tigers (my dream job..if I can ever get over my putting head under water)
2. Oh, Jesus (for Amy)
3. Food tattoos (A few too many cupcakes...London's food ink is SO much better! But you have to love the knuckle sandwich, lol)
Posted by gadgetgirl at 09:04 PM
January 25, 2009
Three things (Wii edition)
1. Check out these Wii cupcakes! (Kris is SOOO going to want to make these)
2. President Obama Mii (you know I have one!)
3. Oh, and speaking of Obama and Wii...isn't it cool that the First Family have one? I just love them more and more.
Posted by gadgetgirl at 07:35 AM
January 18, 2009
Three things (crafty edition)
1. The new Brother Quattro 6000 in friggin HD! How cool is that. now if just had a spare $9K....drool
2. Wii Knitting (Maybe Kris will stop playing guitar hero for 5 mintues)
3. Neck sausage..that's just rude...Thank god it doesn't come with some sort of 'smell-o-vision'
Posted by gadgetgirl at 07:31 PM
September 23, 2008
I'm SOOOOOO tired of these
If I never hear these things ever again I'll be a happy woman:
Posted by gadgetgirl at 11:08 PM
July 28, 2008
Three things that made me smile today:
1. Brilliant LOL cat
2. Yard sculpture (I want it! the hubby isn't so sure...)
3. The painting in this living room. Damn, I might just have to steal that idea for our new place, its too amamzing.
Posted by gadgetgirl at 11:05 PM
January 03, 2008
Three things that made me laugh out loud this week:
Posted by gadgetgirl at 06:46 AM
July 10, 2007
Three things (very random)
2. I saw the Best. Bumpersticker. Ever. 'Nixon is no longer the worst president in history'
Posted by gadgetgirl at 09:15 AM
April 22, 2007
Three things (sound effects issue)
1. Chung Chung
2. Pew Pew Pew
Posted by gadgetgirl at 08:18 AM
December 04, 2006
A light and fluffy Three Things
1. That 70's Show AND Will & Grace are both back on Aussie Tv this week. The gods have smiled on me.
2. Make your own cool-as-hell necklaces. And guess who has a bunch of pieces of Perspex? ooh, yes, that would be ME!
3. I am officially a quiche makin' goddess. Tonight's quiche was turkey, swiss and fresh spinach. Much yumminess.
Posted by gadgetgirl at 07:35 PM
November 07, 2006
1. Clinton scores a slam dunk. Rock on Billy!
2. It would take 142.19 cups of 'brewed imported tea' to kill me
3. Just in case you were unsure how to pronounce 'barbiturate',
here's a handy chart for ya. It's a really funny list. But I must admit there are a few things on it that I've said....oh, not that I would say them now, oh no, I'm far too sophisticated for that.....
Posted by gadgetgirl at 08:16 PM
August 12, 2006
2. Finally, useful origami (but why is the Bounce in the kitchen?)
Posted by gadgetgirl at 08:29 PM
July 25, 2006
three things (the photo edition!)
Looks who's got a new toy!
Yeah, I thought I should try my hand at shooting film. Rob says that this little camera comes well regarded. So there is a roll of black and white in that bad boy and I'm itchin' to get shooting.
But ya know what's funny? the film cost more than the camera..lol
Here's one way to get kids to smile at the camera ;)
Posted by gadgetgirl at 08:59 AM
May 09, 2006
1. I'd love to buy these and put them on all the bloody SUVs around my library but I'm pretty sure council would frown on it. And I kinda like my job....
2. I wonder if I could make this kick ass space saving desk-bed-thing out of stuff from IKEA?
3. A joke for ya:
George W. Bush went into a library and announced in a loud voice "I'd like a cheeseburger and fries please!"
The librarian replied "But sir, this is a library!"
"Gee, I'm sorry" said the President, then whispered "I'd like a cheeseburger and fries please". (a big shout out to Snarky for that one)
Posted by gadgetgirl at 01:37 PM
February 18, 2006
2. Make a pinhole camera made from an Altoids tin...Just for future reference.
3. Whip Up. How is it that I JUST found this site?!?!
Oh and we saw Capote today. Still digesting it....
Posted by gadgetgirl at 09:23 PM
November 01, 2005
1. Over 100 people have looked at my shot of Kris' Halloween spread. Why not have a look for yourself?
Posted by gadgetgirl at 06:20 PM
October 16, 2005
Posted by gadgetgirl at 06:03 PM
August 09, 2005
1. I love this kitty photo. Yes, cats can fly.
3. Crafting Japanese. very VERY cool stuff. Helen, you'll love this one.
Posted by gadgetgirl at 07:53 PM
July 17, 2005
And the Fugly: Oh Miss Kelly. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks she needs to fire her stylist.
"I suspect it puts the old Overalls and Body Suit [Winner of both the Toughest Bathroom Outfit Award of 1993 AND the Toughest Bathroom Outfit of All Time] to shame...Because it generally seems like you're adorably normal and thus should not be cavorting about in anything that smells of Dominatrix. Okay?"
Those gals at GoFug just kill me sometimes. IMHO this is their best post yet.
Posted by gadgetgirl at 10:05 AM
June 15, 2005
-I'm sure you are as sick as I am of seeing Michael Jackson, but take my word for it and see what The Daily Show had to say about it. Laugh out loud stuff. I think I have a crush on Jon Stewart....
-And, uh, this little nugget from SMH...uh, ok.....scary or just silly? what do you think?
Posted by gadgetgirl at 06:35 PM
March 15, 2005
thank the god of your choice for little victories.
The Bloggies are up. (Yeah Dooce!)
And last, but definately not least HAPPY B-DAY KRIS!!!
Posted by gadgetgirl at 07:28 PM
October 30, 2004
Tonight we are going over to Kris and The Snook's for a bit of Halloween goodness. So lots of photos will be on the way.
-I have posted some pics from Harts Pub on the Sydney SnB site. (click on the link under the blurb about Harts)
-A link for my Mom (I was telling about this blogger who got a visit from the Feds because she has been writing bad stuff about the Prez. Boy I hope some cuff-talkers don't show up at my door for spreading this link....oh well...)
(note to the Sydney SnBers: the pics from downstairs didn't turn out. I know, I'm really bummed too. I'll get some advice about how to take pics in dimly lit rooms from my photographer hubby. Anyway, I put the best 5 up on the site but if you want the lot just drop me an email and I'll get them out to you. cheers!-gg)
Posted by gadgetgirl at 10:14 AM
July 17, 2004
1. So last night after seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 with Kris and the Snook we stopped into this insane used book store in Newtown (that's a whole 'nuther post!) but while we were hunting through the piles I came across a yearbook from a Normal High School. So here I am, a gal from Central Illinois, living in Sydney looking at a bunch of pics of high school kids from Central Illinois at a book shop in Sydney. ahhh, my brain hurts.
2. Further proof that Prime Minister Helen Clark is a really man. That woman has cojones the size of basketballs! Lordy, she told Israel to take a hike. (just for the record, I like Helen Clark a lot.)
3. File this site under 'duh': johnhowardlies.com
Posted by gadgetgirl at 05:03 PM
June 19, 2004
1. Look Ma, we have those cleaning erasers now too! (click on the top left image) For everyone else, these things rock! They will clean anything.
3. And I watched the classic film The Great Gatsby last night. (I'm doing a bit of research for a flapper costume, I'll post pics when it's finished) And man, Sam Waterson (aka Jack McCoy) looks like he is about 12! Go figure.
4. Guess what these are:
Nope, they are limes. Rob got them from a friend who has some citrus trees on his property. I had no idea that many limes are yellow. I guess there will be lots of lime n Coke at our place.
Posted by gadgetgirl at 02:27 PM
March 27, 2004
1. The NRMA released a report
that in Australia only 10% of SUVs ever get off pavement and go bush. No big surprise.
2. Did you know that Shel Silverstein wrote songs for Johnny Cash?
Posted by gadgetgirl at 08:26 AM